Things you should 100% check out:
2. Snacks and Shit. Few things make me ACTUALLY laugh out loud as opposed to just uttering "LOL" (FML, yes I actually say LOL in conversation.) This website makes me actually LOL. Like, the kind where you make awkward hyena-sounds, not the kind where you smirk ironically and say, "El oh el."
What I've been up to:
1. I got hired to intern at Time Out New York Kids this summer! I'm extremely excited about it and my only current concern is how the heck I'm going to get to the offices on 10th Ave. What subway goes there? Hopstop suggested I take the N to Times Square and walk the rest of the way, which like, distance wise is no big deal but I hate Times Square. There must be a better way. Yes? Also, since it's part time, I need to find a baby sitting job. Any pregnant ladies reading this blog? Any child-rearing mommies need a sitter on Mondays and Tuesdays? Uhh...anyway.
2. I went to Madrid this past weekend. It was a lot of fun but not my favorite European city. I think Spain parties a little too hard for me. Coming home from a night out at 7am? No thank you. Dressing up in a Spanish flag for the Spain vs. Turkey soccer game was fun, though.
What I'm going to be doing soon:
1. Spring break starts Friday! I'm off to Berlin, and then, as I've already bragged, hitting up 5 other cities. I'm actually really anxious, but I know once I'm traveling it will be unbelievable. I just have pre-trip-organizational jitters right now.
2. At the end of spring break I'm meeting my family in Paris and we're all coming back to London together. I'm so excited to finally see them; I've never been this long without seeing my mom. I'm also really excited to introduce them to my life here, and to have them meet my friends and vice versa.
Also, I'll be home in a month and a half and I'll be back in New York in 2 months. I'm apartment hunting for the fall and starting to form my thesis question and picking classes on April 20th. On a more basic level I am doing laundry, getting my bangs trimmed, and finally getting a bikini wax tomorrow. I might not be keeping well connected with everyone I love, but I am getting shit done and living life and writing and taking it all in and hopefully I'll be able to spew it all back out coherently at some point. That point is just not today.
I hope all is well with everyone else. I love you, even if I have been bad at keeping in touch, I promise!